Saturday, August 27, 2011

Weekend Video




I was listening to an interview on NPR with Greg Mottola, the director of "Superbad", when they played the scene where Fogell gets his fake i.d. - one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite summer movies. Listening to it on the radio with just the sound, I was knocked out by how good the dialog was and how one sharp line follows another. So try listening to it first without watching.

I generally have pretty highbrow/artsy taste in movies, but if you haven't seen the film I can't recommend it highly enough. It may be a teen "gross-out" comedy, but it's a near perfect movie with a great narrative, a great script, and wonderful performances from a cast who if not famous at the time have nearly all gone on stardom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, enjoyed the chuckle on this otherwise miserable day. Might have to track this film down again.

Joe Holmes said...

Yes, a terrific movie. But let me just say -- it's great to have you back posting!